Beric Fine Tip Paint Pens



I bought these markers to play with. I've used the acrylic makers, but I thought I would give the water base a shot. I've seen videos on some of the high end ones, like Winsor Newton, but I can't really afford those. A friend of mine gave me an Amazon Gift Card, so I figured I would try out these. 
In this set of 15, you get two shades of green, blue, and pink. Then you have 1 yellow, one orange, one purple, one silver (?), one red, one gold (?), one white, one brown,  and one black. 



 These are quite skinny, with a skinny tip. Unfortunately, the tips are a bit frayed at the in, so they don't always sit down nicely. Just something to keep in mind.


I had some extreme variation with these makers. Some of them primed well, some did not. When added water to the patches, some colors lifted, some barely lifted, and one would not lift no matter what I would do (will notice this on a piece I made with them as well.) I may be able to understand the light colors (white laid down well, though it is hard to see here), but the gold one did absolutely nothing. Neither did the silver. Maybe that was just because of their sort of metallic looking ways. 

Also, remember that rough tip issue? Just a little bit of using them began to EAT through the paper meant for WATER COLOR. So.... I didn't much enjoy watching my paper get torn up.

There were also some liars...


 Yes, those are the same colors. 

Other than the pen cap, there are no identifying numbers. Not even a word written for what each color is. So, if there is a pen that worked well, and you like the color, I would be worried about getting the same quality, or even the same one, later on. 

I also wanted to see how they would react to pen and pencil (I tend to leave the pencil down, even when I'm done with it. I like the gritty look.) It reacted as suspected of any pen to pencil, but I was extremely proud of its reaction to the ink. It did well not to smudge or mess up with it. As you can see, the yellow, brown, and white did a nice job. The yellow actually did better than I suspected it would! Unfortunately for the pinks (both light and dark)... Well... You can see that horrible aura around him. (Time to Photoshop fix the outside of it.)

Overall.... How do I feel about these? I probably shouldn't be so disappointed with these markers. I did get them cheap, but the Walmart single package markers do better for a little more expense. With the inconsistency, the eating of the paper (even with lightest touch I could do for the ones that burst with color), the rough tip, and the inability for some of them to pick up or even blend... I just cannot recommend these to anyone. Just pay a little extra and get something better. 

From the reviews, it sounds like some people were lucky, and the sets worked so much better for them. To those folks, I'm glad these did so well for you! Others, I feel your pain.

tldr: I do not recommend

FYI: Still looking for the right fit WYSIWYG editor for my website. Any suggestions?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mog Central Pen Pal

Where have I been